Plastic Components is proud to sponsor a new online continuing education course titled “Designing and Specifying Traditional Portland Cement–based Plaster”
Provider: BNP Media
Hours: 1 AIA LU/HSW; 0.1 IACET CEU*
Course Number: WC0420MM
Course Title: Designing and Specifying Traditional Portland Cement–based Plaster
By completing this course, the design professional will be able to:
- Identify the features and benefits of traditional Portland cement-based plaster.
- Describe the relationship between the building codes and the industry standards for traditional Portland cement-based plaster.
- Explain the roles and contributions of the designer, contractor, plastering contractor and building official in achieving a successful stucco wall system.
- Discuss the design considerations, specifications and detailing requirements a successful stucco wall system.
The objective of this course is to provide a positive effect on the water- and vapor-resistive qualities of the building envelope through identification of underlying issues of the water-resistant barriers and the subsequent application of traditional Portland cement-based plaster (stucco) and to foster an industry-wide improvement in the quality of water-resistant barrier and stucco applications.
This course will also explore:
- Benefits of traditional Portland cement-based stucco
- Review of building codes and ASTM standards
- Research reports on water intrusion
- Design features required to managing water intrusion and stresses in stucco
- Specification and detailing requirements and recommended best practices