Product Category: Featured, Lumber, Building Materials, Plaster/Stucco, Stone Veneer, Ultra-Drain Mat
Available in 0.25" (6 mm) and 0.40" (10 mm) thicknesses, Plastic Components’ ULTRA DRAIN MAT™ is a drainage and ventilation system specifically designed for use with most exterior cladding systems. Note: 0.40" (10 mm) thickness meets Canadian standards.
• 95% open design creates a continuous capillary break and channel for moisture to drain – also accelerates drying of the exterior cladding
• Durable polymer material resists most known corrosive chemicals – does not provide a food source for mold or mildew
• Minimizes staining, peeling and blistering of exterior finishes
• Made from recycled materials qualifying for LEED credits
• Quick, simple installation – Easier and more cost-effective than traditional furring strip methods.
• 2-ply design features backer fabric that improves the tensile and compressive strength properties of the rainscreen – also deflects mortar when used with stucco or masonry veneer siding
• Integrated insect screen
|Add to Submittal||Product #||Description||Dimensions||Packaging|
• Apply weather-resistant barrier over sidewall sheathing Note: some regions may require two layers of weather-resistant barrier. Check local codes for more information.
• Install Ultra Drain Mat after windows and doors have been properly installed and flashed. Starting at the base of the wall, unroll the Ultra Drain Mat from right to left with the 4" fabric flap at the bottom, the three-dimensional (red) polymer matrix against the weather-resistant barrier and the fabric facing the exterior of the building. Staple or nail every 3 square feet.
• On the first (bottom course) ONLY, unfold the 4" fabric flap and tuck it between the (red) polymer matrix and the weather-resistant barrier to create an insect screen.
• On subsequent courses, butt red polymer fabric together tightly without overlapping. Pull 4" fabric flap over previous course, shingle style, and staple.
• On top course, invert the roll and unroll left to right with the 4" fabric flap at top. Unfold the fabric flap and tuck it between the (red) matrix and the weather-resistant barrier to create an insect screen.
• Apply lath, scratch coat, and stucco or masonry veneer siding over Ultra Drain Mat using manufacturer’s recommended fasteners and spacing.